Winter vegetable salad with venison prosciutto Ingredients:
seasonal vegetables, dried mixed herbs, rapeseed oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme, rosemary and of course our venison prosciutto.
- Chop your favourite vegetables, season them with mixed herbs and rapeseed oil (or similar), place on a baking tray and oven bake until they are crispy outside and soft inside.
- While the vegetables are in the oven prepare a salad bowl with fresh salad leaf mix, add kale and spinach.
- Mix up a dressing using a good quality balsamic vinegar, rapeseed oil, fresh thyme and rosemary finely chopped.
- Shave off wafer thin slices of our venison prosciutto (approx. 25g per person).
- Once the vegetables are ready place them into the salad bowl.
- Sprinkle the venison over them and follow by the dressing.
- Season with pepper.
- Lastly break up feta cheese and sprinkle over the top.
Honeyed winter salad with venison prosciutto
Winter panzanella with venison prosciutto
butternut squash, red onions, parsnip, homemade sourdough, rapeseed oil, clear honey, sunflower seeds, spinach, kale, white wine vinegar, dijon mustard and our venison prosciutto.
- Chop the vegetables and place into a large roasting tin, drizzle with rapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 mins, turning once in a while until softened. Drizzle with the honey. Scatter the torn ciabatta and sunflower seeds over the top and return to the oven for a further 5 mins or until toasted.
- Put the spinach into a large bowl and tip in the vegetables and chopped chunks of homemade sourdough. Whisk the vinegar, mustard and rapeseed oil together, and toss into the salad until the spinach wilts slightly then add wafer thin shavings of venison. Serve immediately.